Seguin RCA Respite Weekend Camp Instructions
New this year! Seguin RCA is offering three-weekend respite camps. These camps are geared towards adults who want a busy, fun-filled weekend. We are limiting the number of campers to 12 for these weekends, so put your reservation in right away.
The total cost for the weekend is $200 which includes all the meals and activities plus round trip transportation from the Berwyn office.
The first one was held February 13-15 and was filled with visits to Nichols Conservatory , the Harley-Davidson museum to see some motorcycles and ending the day with an ice hockey game with the Ice Hogs.
The summer camp staff will be back for the weekend and Roxane will be providing her great cooking. It was lots of fun.
February 13 – 15, 2015 Winter Respite Weekend
Everyone, including the staff, had a good time. The group went to the Nicolas Conservatory, the Harley-Davidson Museum and the Ice Hogs Hockey Game. We took lots of pictures. Even the bone-chilling cold did not deter the fun. Check out our winter respite video.
May 15 – 17, 2015 Spring Respite Weekend
The campers arrived on Friday to be welcomed by sandwiches, fruit, dessert and drinks. After all the meeting, greeting, introductions, unpacking, it was lights out for bed.
Saturday was a full day. Visiting the Rockford Burpee Museum, lunch at Toni’s Italian Restaurant in Winnebago, creating Camp Seguin Tote Bags and in the evening a trip to the arcade. Sunday after a leisurely country breakfast, it was back to Berwyn. Check out our spring respite pictures!
October 2 - 4, 2015 Fall Respite Weekend
Save the date! Details to come.
· The total cost for the weekend is $200 and must be paid prior to leaving for camp.
· The vans leave the Seguin RCA office, located at 6223 West Ogden Avenue, Berwyn, IL on Friday at 7PM.
· Those going to Camp must arrive by 6:30 PM so that the Campers can leave for vacation as soon the vans arrive and are loaded.
· Those leaving for Camp should eat dinner beforehand.
· Returning campers arrive at approximately 2 PM on Sunday afternoon.
· Please note that the Seguin RCA office location is the only arrival and departure place.
· Hand all medications to a camp staff or a Seguin RCA staff on the day of departure. We must have required medications. Do not pack any medications in the camper’s suitcase.
· The Campers regularly taking medication must have the amount required for the time spent at camp. The medications must be properly packaged, labeled with Campers name, type of medication and dosage. Please consider packaging the meds into medicine containers with the dosages already counted out.
· The labeled and packaged Medication(s) are kept in a locked cabinet at the Camp with access only by the Camp Director and Nurse.
Clothing and luggage:
· All belongings must be labeled with the campers name.
· Do not send valuables. Every attempt is made to return items brought to Camp but this can’t be guaranteed. Include the attached inventory list to help us keep track of belongings.
Items which should always be included for Camp are:
· Sturdy walking shoes and boots
· Comfortable, warm and durable clothes—the weather can change quickly
· Pajamas or nightgowns
· Personal toiletries (shampoo and conditioner will be provided)
· Gloves and warm hats
$5 - $10 per weekend is recommended.
1. The money must be given to the office staff before the van loads in a sealed envelope with the camper’s name and the dollar amount written on the outside.
2. If the camper chooses to keep the money in his/her possession this information, including the amount retained, will be documented by the office staff and given to the camp director by a designated camp employee upon arrival at camp.